New changes in the Law of Education
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In the new school and university year 2014-2015, teachers, students and students will face a series of changes adopted in the new Education Law, aimed at correcting the mistakes and confusing provisions of the old regulations and modernizing the Romanian education system.
The main changes in the new Law on Education
The new Law on Education was adopted in the Government Session on June 26, 2014 and was published in the Official Gazette on June 30, 2014. The provisions of the new Emergency Ordinance were publicly debated with representatives of the unions, parents, students and students, but and with the teachers involved, before being discussed and approved in the Government Meeting.
The government believes that the new provisions will support teachers, students and students.
Changes that directly target students and students
- eliminating fees for issuing study papers to students;
- support for the students of the 12th grade who do not promote the Baccalaureate (special training, through meditation institutionalized in the high schools or institutions of higher education) - the teachers will be paid for these sessions of additional training;
- the possibility of organizing a third baccalaureate session;
- the possibility of enrolling students entering the higher education system on the basis of international agreements and after October 1;
- approval of the doctorate with a low frequency (following the model of the famous western universities) - a facility granted to doctoral students who work and cannot participate in all the didactic activities associated with this step of study);
- recognition of the didactic masters in parallel with modules I and II of Psycho-pedagogy.
Changes aimed directly at teachers
- teachers with more than 25 years of age in education (with a grade I or from the body of mentor teachers) will benefit from a reduced teaching norm with 2 hours (from 18 to 16 hours), weekly, without repercussions on the salary;
- teaching or auxiliary teaching staff will be evaluated annually, at the level of the pre-university education unit;
- the teachers will receive a degree based on a competition with methodology established by the MEN, organized by the school inspectorates;
- the possibility of setting up commercial companies, foundations, associations or pre-university education units by higher education institutions in order to increase the performances;
- the president of the Board of Directors of each educational unit will be the director, and at the council meetings there is the obligation of the representatives of the trade unions, and in exceptional situations, and of the students' representatives.
Structure of the 2014-2015 school year
The new school year is 36 weeks old, totaling 177 days. It is divided into 2 semesters. The first one starts on September 15 and ends on December 19, 2014. The vacation for preschool and primary education takes place between November 1 and 9, 2014, and the winter holiday between December 20, 2014 and January 4, 2015.
The inter-semester holiday is scheduled between January 31, 2015 and February 8, 2015. The second semester begins on Monday, February 9 and ends on June 19, 2015. The spring vacation is included in the second semester, from April 11 to April 19, 2015. summer begins on June 20, 2015 and ends on September 13, 2015.
What do you think about the new changes in the Education Law? Tell us your opinions in the comments section below!